The holiday season always makes me think about all the things we have to be grateful for, and turning 30 yesterday prompted me to put pen to paper on what I am most thankful for in this season of life.
- First and foremost, my Faith. I know the rest of the things on this list wouldn’t be possible without my Lord and Savior, and I am continually amazed by God’s grace and love for his people.
- My husband Marcus. I seriously hit the life partner jackpot. I feel so blessed that God chose him for me.
- Adeline – the best gift we’ve ever received. I am thrilled to get to spend our first Christmas as a family of three.
- My parents. I owe so much of who I am to my parents. They have shown me what unconditional love looks like and it is only this past year, when I became a parent myself, that I can wrap my head around how deep a parent’s love truly runs.
- My sister. I am so lucky to have a sister who is also one of my dearest friends.
- Marcus’ family. One of the best things about getting married is becoming part of a second family. I feel so blessed to get to love and be loved by his family.
- Friends that feel like family. I am thankful for those who I’ve met and built friendships with at different life stages, everything from early childhood to now in new motherhood.
- Health. I know this is an area it’s easy to take for granted until we don’t have it. So today I am thankful for my health and the health of those close to me.
- The community I live in, Towne Lake. It is a beautiful place to live, but the people I’ve met here are the real gift. I am so excited to bring up Adeline in a community like this one.
- My time at Texas A&M, the camaraderie the school brings and the friends I made while there
- Texas – I love being a Texan and am proud to call Houston home. Also, Texas winters are the best!
- The places I’ve been fortunate enough to visit
- Technology – My phone. FaceTime. Internet. Google.
- A husband who knows how to fix all my technology when I break it
- GPS – This one gets its own line, because I do not know what I would do without it!
- Spicy food
- Amazon Prime
- Baby wipes
- The fact that Torchy’s is coming to Cypress
- Netflix – this was key to late night nursing those early months with Adeline
- The fact that athleisure is sociably acceptable attire
- Google calendars and being able to sync mine with Marcus’
- Music and a husband who will never deny me a dance
- Baby girl clothes – swoon!
- Photos and the ability to document our lives and capture memories
- Cheese and crackers
- The view at my parents’ lake house (see photo above)
- This little blog
- The mistakes I made and the lessons I’ve learned
Cheers to 30 years! Looking forward to making this new decade my best one yet!
Janet Colborne says
Love this Janelle. Wish I would have thought to do this when iI turned 30. It would be fun to look back on my list at 30 .