Stitch Fix has been around for awhile, and after a good friend recently had a positive experience, I decided to give it a try. Stitch Fix is a online, personal styling service that sends you five pieces of clothing to try on in the comfort of your home. They also send you a prepaid USPS pouch to mail back whatever you don’t want to keep.
You fill out a pretty thorough style profile before your first “fix” so the stylist you get paired with can select items they know you will like. They ask everything from height and typical clothing size, to what areas of your body you like to flaunt or draw attention away from, to colors you like to wear, to price point you want to pay.
I also appreciated that there was a comment box where you can leave specific instructions for your stylist. For my first shipment, I asked my stylist to focus these things:
- A long, flowy dress for beach pictures (that we are taking in Florida soon!) in either white or a blue
- White jeans
- Espadrilles without too high of a heel
- Nothing too fancy
Here’s what I received:
*NOTE – Most of these items do not have links that can be found online. Understandably, they want you to buy the items directly from Stitch Fix so they mostly offer exclusive items.
My first item was this Fortune + Ivy Coronado Maxi Dress. I like the colors in this dress and the ombre effect on the bottom. I LOVE the straps in the back. It’s definitely long enough, even for someone quite a bit taller than me (I’m 5’3″). My only con on this dress is you would really have to wear a strapless bra, due to the strappy back, and I just have never found one that is truly comfortable for me. What do y’all think? Would this be good for beach pictures? Per my request, my stylist sent me these TOMS Monica Suede Espadrilles. They are really comfortable, and the heel is the perfect height for me. It’s 3 3/4″ heel, but has a 1″ platform. They also come in a light pink, beige (with a brown leather strap) and olive green. I like these in black, but really like the light pink suede. It just a feels a little more summery to me!I was sent two tops, with my favorite of the two being this Daniel Rainin Salden Lattice Detail Blouse. It’s a fun pattern, and the lattice stitching is an interesting detail. There is also a cute cutout on the back near the top. The other top I was sent was this Market & Spruce Callahan Henley Top. I think I like the pattern on the first top better, but this one feels nicer on the body. I like the buttons down the front (which make this nursing friendly) and the long length. Lastly, per my request, I was sent these Vigoss Elaine Distressed Girlfriend Jeans. They are mid-rise, cropped around the ankle and just a tad distressed (no holes). They are just a little bit tight, so if I keep them I’ll probably exchange for one size up.
A couple extra special touches:
- My stylist wrote me a little note detailing why she chose each of these items for me. She even looked up the weather in Cypress for this time of year to make sure she was sending appropriate pieces!
- They include a style guide with ideas of how to wear each piece with other items you might already have in your closet.
Other things to note:
- If you buy everything in the box, you get 25% off everything. So if you are liking at least four of the items, you might as well keep them all!
- They ask you to go online and “check out” three days after you receive your box. You can, however, extend your checkout date so you have more time to decide. I took advantage of this!
- This is a subscription service with different options on how often you want a “fix” – every couple weeks, once a month, every other month or every three months.
- However, you can turn off the automatic shipments under “My Account” and then “Fix Frequency”. It will then classify your frequency as “On Demand”.
- Shipping is free both ways, but there is a $20 styling fee. If you purchase any item in your box, the $20 goes towards that item. You only pay it if you send everything back.
Need a Fix?
I can help you out! If you sign up using this link your $20 stylist fee will be waived, meaning if you don’t like anything in your box, you can send it all back without being out any money at all. I used a friend’s link, and it was this deal that made me decide to give it a go. Please know I will receive a credit if you use my link (in which case I will be very grateful)!
So friends, what would you keep, and what would you send back? I’d love to get your thoughts in the comments below!