The holidays are over and it’s already time to start thinking about your kid’s Valentine’s Day class gifts. Is it just me or does it feel like yesterday we were trying to rack our brains for stocking stuffers and party favors for the holiday party at school?!
Long gone are the days when kids just gave each other a grocery store Valentine’s card with their name on it. When you look online now, there is an overwhelming amount of ideas from the pre-fab sets to the DIY Pinterest mom ideas. I have taken the time to look for gift ideas that are a. not candy and b. not going to be thrown away by February 15th.
These are all items kids can use either at school or at home and hopefully won’t just be taking up space or end up at the bottom of a backpack.
Valentine’s Day Class Gifts
- Magnetic Bookmarks– these cute Valentine’s themed bookmarks close magnetically so they won’t fall out of your kid’s books
- Knot Bracelet and Card– This set comes from Etsy and includes a personalized card so you are all set to hand them out as soon as they arrive!
- Watercolor Paints– No matter your feelings on paint, this set of watercolors is cute and less messy alternative than slime!
- Gummy Bear Stacking Pen- kids get to stack the bears to make their pen, practical, cute, and good fine motor practice for the little ones!
- Water Bottle Stickers– who doesn’t love a fun water bottle sticker and how cute are the water bottle-shaped cards?
- Croc charms– whether or not you are on the Croc train or not (we are still holding out!) it seems like most kids have them these days so this is a fun gift!
- Stacking Bracelets- bracelets like these are so popular right now and you could get a couple of different colored sets to mix and match at this price point!
Valentine’s Day Cards and Tags
This next section is for you if you have your gifts and are looking for cute Valentine’s cards or tags to go with them. I love everything that Joy Creative does, and these Valentine’s stickers/gift tags are no exception. As soon as I saw them I knew I had to order them for my kids! The quality of all of their products is unmatched and I do think they are worth the slightly higher price point. I also found some other cute options on Etsy, some that can be printed straight away.
If you used one of these ideas, I would love to see it! Tag me on Instagram @janellerendon!
And if you are already wondering what #1 Mom mug you are going to receive in a few months, check out my post on Mother’s Day Gifts Moms Actually Want and forward it on to your significant other ;).