Who pierces baby’s ears?
I’ve had a handful of people ask me where I got Adeline’s ears pierced, so I thought I’d share details about our experience with baby ear piercing here in Houston, Texas.
I originally asked my pediatrician if she pierced ears, and unfortunately their office doesn’t do them. I wanted to be confident that the equipment used was sterile and a professional was doing the piercing, so I began researching others in my area.
I came across NW Cypress Pediatrics and Family Medicine and made an appointment.
Here’s what you may be wondering:
- You get there early to put on a numbing cream.
- They let me mark where on her ears I wanted the piercings.
- They pierce both ears at the same time with ear piercing guns.
- You have to use their medically sterile earrings (that work specifically with the gun), so don’t worry about buying any beforehand.
- It cost $70, which included the earrings. Price varies a little bit based on the earrings you choose.
- They only take a couple ear piercing appointments per day, which fill up quickly, so you might not be able to get in right away.
Our process was relatively easy. Adeline did cry, but was soothed easily. She was about 9 months old when we got her ears pierced and if anything, I wish I have done it earlier when she was less wiggly!
Did we have any issues with the ear piercing?
We had no issues whatsoever with them Adeline pulling on them or them getting infected. You get instructions on how and how often to clean them. Once eight weeks had passed, you have to put different earrings that have a thinner post. I went with these simple rose gold studs (pictured above). They are perfect for her little ears!