We went to Seaside, Florida at the beginning of the month with my parents and sister/brother-in-law. Seaside has gorgeous beaches, picturesque little neighborhoods and towns, and is very family-friendly. I would definitely recommend it. Below I share some of our beach favorites after spending a week in the sand and sun!
Some of My Beach Favorites from the Week
- This baby playpen for the beach was amazing! Olivia took nice, naps in it every day and it kept her out of the sand. Highly recommend.
- We used our baby carrier to carry Olivia down the long boardwalk to the beach and through the sand. With so much to carry, being able to be hands-free is a huge plus.
- Our backpack cooler was also so helpful when it came to carrying things!
- I wore a wide-brimmed hat and my favorite everyday face sunscreen and it saved my face and shoulders from getting too much sun.
- I have been loving my new one-shoulder and wrap swimsuits!
- I got this sun hat for Jacob and he wore it all week long. It saved his little face and neck from the hot sun!
Our Best Beach Tips
- Bring a trash bag!
- Put your phones in a zip lock bag to keep the sand out.
- Make sandwiches, wrap them in napkins (with names written on them) and put in zip locks. No confusion over whose is whose on the beach!
- Hydrate with Liquid IV! I drank it every day on the beach and felt great. Use code: JANELLE.RENDON for 25% off and free shipping!
We also had professional photos taken of the whole family. If you can work a photoshoot into your family beach trip, I can’t recommend it enough. We had ours done by Payton Fore Photography and she did an incredible job.
If you want to see where we’ve stayed in the past, the restaurants we like, and more, you can check out a blog post I wrote about the same trip a few years ago.