We recently went to the Children’s Museum of Houston with some friends of ours and had such a great time! Our girls are around 18 months old and were a fun age to bring to the museum. I’d say at this age, the “Tot Spot” on the second floor was the most age appropriate, but it won’t be long before all the fun displays and interactive stations on the first floor are right up their alley. We will be able to bring them back for years to come!
Here are a few examples of what you will find on the first floor.
What it costs:
- Tickets cost $12 per person over the age of 1
- Parking in the museum’s designated lot is $7-9 (depending on how long you are there). Although if you are willing to look around I’m sure you can find street parking somewhere nearby.
- You can find deals! We found a Groupon for 30% off that is valid until October 12. It was easy to purchase, download and scan at the front desk when we arrived. Even if you are reading this after October 12, just do a quick Google search for “Children’s Museum Houston Coupon”. I bet you something will pop up!
- Thursdays from 5-8pm are Family Free Night! Parking is only $3 on Thursdays.
- They do memberships, if you live nearby and/or think this is something your family would take advantage of on a regular basis.
They have a little town with a bank, vets office, grocery store and restaurant. Our girls liked this area, but it was extremely busy so we just spent a little time here.
A few other things:
- This is a great father and kiddo outing! Our husbands had a ball with the girls.
- Strollers are welcome.
- They have nice, big bathrooms with lots of changing tables. They even have a nursing station for breastfeeding moms.
- Although we didn’t try it out, they have a cafe on site if your group gets hungry.
- It was crowded on a Saturday. If you have a chance to go at an off-peak time, I recommend doing so!
Our girls tiring themselves out at the “Tot Spot”. We ended our day with burgers at the Hopdoddy nearby. It was the perfect little Saturday!
Looking for other fun outing ideas in the Houston area? Check out my posts on Atkinson Farms and Float Baby!